Akeley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: Oakley-cum-Stockholt, Akeley-cum-Stockholt
Parish registers begin: 1682
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Akeley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AKELEY-CUM-STOCKHOLT, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; 3½ miles N by E of Buckingham r. station. Post Town, Buckingham. Acres, 1,080. Real property, £1,924. Pop., 366. Houses, 81. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £255. Patron, New College, Oxford. The church is good; and there is a Methodist chapel. Charities, 7 allotment acres.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Akely, 2 m. N. Buckingham. P.362.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Akely, or Oakley-cum-Stockholt, a parish and township in the hund., union, and county of Buckingham; 2½ miles north-east of Buckingham. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Buckingham and dio. of Lincoln; rated at £6 2s. 11d., and returned to parliament at £142 8s. 2d.; gross income £245. Tithes commuted in 1794. The patronage belongs to New college, Oxford. Seven acres of land in this parish are divided among poor families and widows. Pop., in 1801, 245; in 1831, 291. Houses 68. Acres 1,080. A. P. £1,354. Poor rates, in 1837, £146
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Buckingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Post-1844 - Buckingham, Pre-1845 - None
- Poor Law Union: Buckingham
- Hundred: Buckingham
- Province: Canterbury