Adstock is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1538
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Adstock
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ADSTOCK, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on the Bucks railway, midway between Buckingham and Winslow. Post Town, Buckingham. Acres, 1,130. Real property, £2,102. Pop., 385. Houses, 83. The property is not much divided. The market for Buckingham and Winslow was held here during the plague of 1665. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £444. Patron, Philip Hart, Esq. The church is ancient but good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Adstock, 1½ m. N.W. Winslow. P.419.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Adstock, a parish in the hund., union, and county of Buckingham; 3 miles north from Winslow, on the road to Buckingham. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Buckingham and dio. of Lincoln; rated at £13 16s. 3d.; gross income £260. Tithes commuted in 1797. Patron, in 1835, the bishop of Lincoln. There is a tradition, that in the time of the plague, Buckingham and Winslow being much infested by it, a market was kept here for some time. Pop., in 1801, 280; in 1831, 445. Houses 90. Acres 1,130. A. P. £1 882. Poor rates, in 1837, £293
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Buckingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Post-1844 – Oxford, Pre-1845 – Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – None, Post-1844 – Buckingham
- Poor Law Union: Buckingham
- Hundred: Buckingham
- Province: Canterbury