The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851¶
Yattendon, a parish in the hund. of Faircross, union of Bradfield, county of Berks; 6 miles south-east of East Ilsley. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. of Berks and dio. of Salisbury, now in the dio. of Oxford; rated at £14 6s. 8d.; gross income £385. Patron, in 1841, the Rev. J. F. Howard. In 1833 here were 2 daily schools, partly supported by subscription. Endowed charities, in 1835, 8s. per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £159 14s. A fair is held here on October 13th, but the market has been long discontinued. Acres 1,670. Houses 49. A. P. £1,471. Pop., in 1801, 253; in 1831, 241.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.