Woolhampton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1635
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Roman Catholic.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOOLHAMPTON, a parish, with a village, in Newbury district, Berks; on the Reading and Newbury railway, 7 miles E of Newbury. It has a post-office under Newbury, and a r. station. Acres, 694. Real property, £2,430. Pop., 559. Houses, 101. W. house is the seat of J. Blyth, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £202. Patron, James Blyth, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1861. There are Independent and Roman Catholic chapels, and charities £68.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Evans Charles John, Woolhampton, Berkshire, innkeeper, April 6, 1838.
Martin Henry, Woolhampton, Berkshire, tailor and draper, June 2, 1837.
Stroud William Dicker, Woolhampton, Berks, linen draper, May 5, 1835.
- County: Berkshire
- Civil Registration District: Newbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
- Diocese: Pre-1836 - Salisbury, Post-1835 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Reading
- Poor Law Union: Newbury
- Hundred: Theale
- Province: Canterbury