Twyford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Berkshire, created in 1848 from Hurst Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1832
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1847
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TWYFORD, a chapelry, with a village, in Hurst parish, Berks; on the Great Western railway, at the junction of the branch to Henley, 5 miles ENE of Reading. It has a head post-office, a r. station with telegraph, two hotels, a church of 1847, a U. Free Methodist chapel of 1853, an endowed school of 1721, and six alms houses. The statistics are not separately returned, and the living is annexed to Hurst.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Williams James, Twyford, Berkshire, butcher, June 11, 1825.
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Wokingham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 - Salisbury, Post-1835 - Oxford
Rural Deanery: Reading
Poor Law Union: Wokingham