North Moreton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to North Moreton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MORETON (NORTH), a village and a parish in Wallingford district, Berks. The village stands near the Great Western railway, 3 miles ESE of Didcot r. station, and 3 W of Wallingford. The parish comprises 1,103 acres. Post town, Wallingford. Real property, £2,191. Pop., 352. Houses, 77. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to M.Greenwood, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £230. Patron, the Archdeacon of Berks. The church was built in 1290; is in good condition; has a low tower; and contains a curious ancient water-drain, and some old monuments. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Moreton, North, co. Berks.
P. T. Wallingford (46) 3 m. W. Pop. 348.
A parish in the hundred of Moreton; living, a dis. vicarage in the archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Salisbury; valued in K. B. 7l. 17s. 8d.; ann. val. P.R. 70l.; church ded. to All Saints; patron, the Archdeacon of Berkshire. The rectory of North Moreton, annexed to the archdeaconry of Berkshire, is valued in K. B. 16l. 13s. 4d. The archdeaconry of Berkshire, founded in 1220, is valued in K. B. 54l. 18s. 6½d.; patron, the King.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Berkshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Wallingford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 - Salisbury, Post-1835 - Oxford
Rural Deanery: Abingdon
Poor Law Union: Wallingford