Drayton is a chapelry of Abingdon St Helen with St Nicholas Ancient Parish in Berkshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DRAYTON, a village and a parish in Abingdon district, Berks. The village stands near the Berks and Wilts canal, 1¼ mile W of the river Thames, 13/4 N of Steventon r. station, and 2 SW of Abingdon; has a head post office, of the name of Drayton, Berkshire; and was desolated by fire in 1780. The parish comprises 1, 950 acres. Real property, £3, 976. Pop., 605. Houses, 147. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £255. Patron, Col. Loyd Lindsay. The church is ancient, and has a curious Norman font. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, and charities £37.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Abingdon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
Rural Deanery: Abingdon
Poor Law Union: Abingdon