Boxford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire.
Other places in the parish include: Westbrook.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BOXFORD, a village and a parish in Newbury district, Berks. The village stands on the river Lambourn, 4½ miles NW of Newbury r. station; and has a post office under Newbury. The parish includes Westbrook tything. Acres, 2,769. Real property, £4,841. Pop., 636. Houses, 143. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £761. Patron, the Rev. Mr. Wells. The church is good. There are two Methodist chapels and a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Boxford, 3 miles N.W. Newbury. P. 612.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Newbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 - Salisbury, Post-1835 - Oxford
Rural Deanery: Newbury
Poor Law Union: Newbury
Hundred: Faircross; Kintbury Eagle