Wootton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Bedfordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOOTTON, a parish, with a scattered village, in the district and county of Bedford; 3½ miles N by W of Ampthill r. station, and 4½ SW of Bedford. It has a post-office under Bedford. Acres, 3,711. Real property, £6,205. Pop. in 1851, 1,204; in 1861, 1,349. Houses, 277. The property is subdivided. The manor, with W. House, belongs to Sir Payne, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £400. Patron, Miss E. M. Neale. The church is early, decorated, and later English; and its chancel was recently rebuilt. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a handsome parochial school, and charities £78.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
North Thos., Wootton, Bedfordshire, carpenter & brickmaker, Nov. 20, 1832.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Bedford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Ely
Rural Deanery: Bedford
Poor Law Union: Bedford