Wilshamstead is an Ancient Parish in the county of Bedfordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Wilshamstead, Willshamstead, Wilshampstead
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1593
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WILSHAMPSTEAD, or Wilstead, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Bedford; on the Midland railway, 4 miles S of Bedford. It has a post-office under Bedford. Acres, 3,027. Real property, £4,604. Pop. in 1851, 923; in 1861, 1,032. Houses, 216. The property is divided chiefly among five. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £400. Patron, the Rev. Lord John Thynne. The church was repaired and enlarged in 1851. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £20 a year, and charities £11.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Bedford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Ely
Rural Deanery: Bedford
Poor Law Union: Bedford