Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: None
Parishes adjacent to Sutton
Historical Descriptions of Sutton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SUTTON, a parish, with a village, in Biggleswade district, Beds: 1½ mile S of Potton r. station. Post town, Potton, under St. Neots. Acres, 2,230. Real property, £3,391. Pop., 438. Houses, 70. The manor belonged to John of Gaunt; was given by him, along with Potton, in a rhyming conveyance, to Sir Roger Burgoyne; and, with S. Park, belongs now to Lieut, Col. Sir J. M. Burgoyne, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £362. Patron, St. John's college, Oxford. The church is good; and there are a free school, and charities £30. Stilling fleet was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Sutton, 1½ miles S. Potton. P. 415
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Biggleswade
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Ely
Rural Deanery: Shefford
Poor Law Union: Biggleswade