Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MILLBROOK, a village and a parish in Ampthill district, Beds. The village stands on an eminence, 1½ mile W of Ampthill, and 1½ SSE of Ampthill r. station; commands a fine view of the vale of Bedford; and has a postal letter-box under Ampthill. The parish comprises 1,450 acres. Real property, £2,446. Pop., 430. Houses, 84. The property belongs to the Duke of Bedford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £295. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is later English, with a tower; was restored in 1857; and contains two busts and a handsome monument to the family of Lord Holland. There are a national school, and charities £6. A Benedictine priory, a cell to St. Albans, was here, but was removed in 1119 to Beaulieu.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Ampthill
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Ely
Rural Deanery: Fleete
Poor Law Union: Ampthill