Marston Moreteyne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Bedfordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Marston Moretaine, Marston Mortaine
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic, Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists
Parishes adjacent to Marston Moreteyne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARSTON-MORETAINE, a village and a parish in Ampthill district, Beds. The village stands on a branch of the river Ouse, 1 mile W of the Bedford and Bletchley railway, and 3½ NW of Ampthill; was once a market-town; and has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post office under Ampthill, both of the name of Marston. The parish comprises 4,171 acres. Real property, £6,586. Pop. in 1851, 1,183; in 1861, 1,270 Houses, 259. The property is divided among. a few. The manor belongs to H. Alington, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely Value, £1,130. Patron, St. John's College, Cambridge. The church comprises later English nave and aisles, early English chancel, and a massive detached tower; contains two brasses of the 15th century, and a fine marble monument; and was repaired in 1865. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a new national school, and charities £60.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Marston-Moretaine, 3 miles S.W. Bedford. P. 1147.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Marston Moreteyne 1602-1812 - archive.org
Bedfordshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Bedfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Ampthill
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
- Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Ely
- Rural Deanery: Fleete
- Poor Law Union: Ampthill
- Hundred: Redbornestoke
- Province: Canterbury