Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: see surrounding parishes
- Bishop’s Transcripts: see surrounding parishes
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Cople
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COPLE, a parish in the district and county of Bedford; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 1½ mile E of Cardington r. station, and 3½ ESE of Bedford. Post town, Bedford. Acres, 2,109. Real property, £3,379. Pop., 565. Houses, 110. Cople Hall was the seat of the late Earl of Ludlow. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £215. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is later English and good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Cople, 4½ m. S.E. Bedford. P. 551.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Bedford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Ely
Rural Deanery: Bedford
Poor Law Union: Bedford