Caddington, a parish and township partly in the hund. of Flitt, union of Luton, county of Bedford, and partly in the hund. of Dacorum, county of Hertford ; 2 miles south-west by west of Luton. Living, a vicarage, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; rated at £10; gross income £327. The patronage is vested in the dean and chapter of St. Paul’s. There are here two Sunday and three daily schools, one of which is partially endowed. Pop., in 1801, 1,073; in 1831, 1,563. Houses 312. Acres 4,500. A. P. £4,602. Poor rates, in 1837, £452.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.