Billington, Bedfordshire Family History Guide¶
A parish and township including Little Billington in the hundred of Manshead. It is a chapel to the vicarage of Leighton Buzzard.
Alternative names: Great Billington
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653; For more records see Leighton Buzzard
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1606
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Billington
- Eaton Bray
- Leighton Buzzard
- County: Bedfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Leighton Buzzard
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Leighton Buzzard
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - Lincoln, Post 1845 - Ely
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1852 - None, Post - 1851 - Dunstable
- Poor Law Union: Leighton Buzzard
- Hundred: Manshead
- Province: Canterbury
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850¶
Billington, 2m. S. Leighton-Buzzard. P. 335.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833¶
Billington, Great, co. Bedford.
P. T. Leighton Buzzard (41) 2 m. SE. Pop. including the hamlet of Little Billington 237.
A parish and township including Little Billington in the hundred of Manshead. It is a chapel to the vicarage of Leighton Buzzard, in the archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Lincoln; of the clear yearly value of 20 l. ; patronage with Leighton Buzzard vicarage.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833