Brockhampton is a parish and village, distant 2 miles north-east from Fawley station on the Hereford, Ross, and Gloucester railway, 138 from London, 7 north from Ross, and 9 south-east from Hereford; being situate about three-quarters of a mile from the banks of the river Wye, and in the Wormelow Hundred, Ross Union, Hereford archdeaconry, deanery, and bishopric. The church of the Holy Trinity is an old stone building, and consists of a nave, chancel, porch, and low tower. The living is a perpetual curacy, worth £74 yearly, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford; the Rev. J. O. Stallard is the incumbent. The school (for boys and girls) is supported by subscription. The estate belongs to the family of the late Wm. Stallard, Esq., and comprises nearly the whole of the parish. The population, in 1851, was 145, with 785 acres.
Letters through Ross, which is the nearest money order office.
Parish School, (boys and girls), Mrs. Ann Nurse, mistress
Lloyd John, farmer
Stallard Rev. Joseph Orlando, M.A., The Lower house
Stallard William, Esq.
Townsend William, farmer and blacksmith, Totney
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.