West Clandon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1536
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1587
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLANDON (West), a parish in Guildford district, Surrey; near the river Wey, under the Merrow downs, 3½ miles ENE of Guildford town and r. station. It has a post office under Guildford. Acres, 987. Real property, £2,125. Pop., 329. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. Clandon Park is the seat of the Earl of Onslow; the grounds laid out by Brown; the house a structure of red brick, in a mixture of styles, after designs by Leoni, and containing two fine mantel-pieces by Rysbrach. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £136. Patron, the Earl of Onslow. The church is good; and there is a n. school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Guildford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Guildford