Ripley is a chapelry of Send Ancient Parish in Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1740
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
Parishes Adjacent to Ripley
Historical Descriptions of Ripley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RIPLEY, a village, a chapelry, and a sub-district, in Guildford district, Surrey. The village stands near the river Wey, 3½ miles SE by E of Woking r. station, and 6 NE of Guildford; and has a post-office under Woking Station, and fairs on 22 July and 11 Nov. The chapelry is in Send parish. Pop., 933. Houses, 177. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Send, in the diocese of Winchester. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1846; but retains the chancel of an early English chapel, which belonged to Newark priory. There is a national school. The sub-district contains also the rest of Send parish, and two other parishes. Acres, 8,823. Pop., 2,591. Houses, 481.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Maps of Ripley
Civil Registration District: Guildford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Guildford