Peper Harow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Alternative names: Pepperharrow
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1697
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1689
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PEPPERHARROW, a parish in Hambledon district, Surrey; on the river Wey, 3 miles W of Godalming r-station. Post-town, Godalming. Acres, 1,454. Real property, £1,027. Pop., 104. Houses, 25. P. House belongs to Viscount Middleton; and stands in grounds containing some very grand cedars of Lebanon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £200. Patron, Viscount Middleton. The church is partly Norman; and was restored under the direction of Pugin.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Hambledon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Hambledon