Okewood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1723 from Wotton Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Oakwood
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1696
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1845
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OAKWOOD, or Okewood, a chapelry in Abinger, Wotton, and Ockley parishes, Surrey; adjacent to Sussex, 5¼ miles N W by N of Horsham r. station, and 8½ SSW of Dorking. It was constituted in 1853; and its post town is Ockley, under Dorking. Pop. in 1861, 703. Houses, 134. Pop. of the Abinger portion, 417; of the Wotton portion, 218.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Dorking
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Dorking