Sherbourne with Fulbrook is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Sherborne, Sherbourne
Other places in the parish include: Fulbrook and Fulbrooke.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1587
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1615
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHERBORNE, or Sherbourne, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Avon, 3½ miles SSW of Warwick r. station. Post town, Warwick. Acres, 1,110. Real property, £2,734. Pop., 167. Houses, 37. The property belongs to Miss Ryland. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £110. Patron, S. Ryland, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1864, at a cost of £15,000; and is a splendid edifice.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Sherborne, a parish in the Snitterfield division of the hund. of Barlichway, union and county of Warwick; 2¾ miles south-south-west of Warwick, on the river Avon. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; returned at £105 11s. 2d.; gross income £115. Tithes commuted in 1799. Patron, in 1841, S. Ryland, Esq. Here are a daily and a day and Sunday school. Acres 1,110. Houses 48. A. P. £1,817. Pop., in 1801, 176; in 1831, 241. Poor rates, in 1838, £135 5s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon; Warwick
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Warwick
Poor Law Union: Warwick