Lillington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Bible Christians
- Leamington Priors All Saints
- Radford Semele
- Leamington Priors St Mary
- Leek Wootton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LILLINGTON, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Warwick; 1½ mile NNE of Leamington r. station, and 3 NE of Warwick. Post town, Leamington. Acres, 1,324. Real property, £6,460. Pop. in 1851, 309; in 1861, 480. Houses, 87. The increase of pop. arose from increase of house accommodation. The property is subdivided. The manor and most of the land belong to H.Wise, Esq. Lillington House is the seat of J. Montgomery, Esq.; Blakedown House, of A. S. Field, Esq.; and Elm Bank, of T. L. Stanger-Leathes, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £327. Patron, H.Wise, Esq. The church is ancient; belonged once to the monks of Kenilworth; was restored in 1847, and enlarged in 1858; consists now of nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower; and has a fine stained glass E window. There are a national school and a working-men’s reading-room.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
Poor Law Union: Warwick