Alternative names: Kinwarton with Great Alne
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1556
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1634
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINWARTON, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; on the river Alne, 1½ mile NE of Alcester r. station. Post town, Alcester, under Bromsgrove. Acres, 480. Real property, £867. Pop., 64. Houses, 12. The property is divided among three. Kinwarton House is the residence of J. Brown, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelries of Weethley and Great Alne, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £490. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830
Kinwarton, – a parish in Barlichway hundred, – 1 ¼ mile from Alcester and 104 from London. Its parochial rates in 1803, including Great and Little Alne, were £292 3s. 5d. at 4s. in the pound: the population, in 1811, was 290, and in 1821 it contained 62 houses and 427 inhabitants. In 1826 it was valued thus, – Kinwarton £1111, and its proportion to the county rate £4 12s. 7d.: Alne was valued separately at £2785, and its proportion to the county rate was £11 12s. 1d. The church of Kinwarton is a rectory, value £17 11s. – Patron, the Bishop of Worcester.
Source: The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830. Wm. West. Printed and Published by R. Wrightson, Athenaeum, New-Street; and sold by Baldwin and Craddock, and Hurst, Chance and Co., London. 1830.
Civil Registration District: Alcester
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Warwick
Poor Law Union: Alcester