Westwood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1846 from Stoneleigh Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1634
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
- Coventry St Thomas
- Coventry St Peter
- Coventry St John the Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTWOOD, a chapelry in Stoneleigh parish, Warwick; near Kenilworth r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Kenilworth. Pop., 620. Houses, 143. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150. Patron, the Vicar of Stoneleigh. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
Poor Law Union: Warwick