Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St Andrew and St Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1677
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HOW-CAPLE, a village and a parish in Ross district, Hereford. The village stands near the river Wye, 2¾ miles ENE of Fawley r. station, and 4½ NNE of Ross; and has a post office under Ross. The parish comprises 1,018 acres. Real property, £1,918. Pop., 161. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to Mrs. Coleman and Mrs. Holt. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Sollers-Hope, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £344. Patron, Mrs. S. Stackhouse. The church has a pinnacled tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Ross
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ross
Poor Law Union: Ross