Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Morton Baggott
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1663
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1614
[su_gmap address=”Morton Bagot Warwickshire” zoom=”11″]
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MORTON-BAGGOT, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; at the boundary with Worcester, 3 miles WSW of Henley-in-Arden, and 5 NW of Bearley r. station. Post town, Studley, under Redditch. Acres, 1,180. Real property, £1,401. Pop., 1 39. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £160. Patron, Sir F. L. H. Goodricke, Bart. The church is a very plain building.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830
Morton Bagot – from the family of Bagot, – a parish in Barlichway hundred 3 miles from Henley-in-Arden, and 104 from London. In 1803 its parochial rates were £207 3s. 9½d. at 5s. 4½d. in the pound. In 1821it contained 38 houses, and 168 inhabitants. In 1826 it was valued at £1207, and its proportion to the county rate was £5 2s. 3d. It is a rectory, value £6.
Source: The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830. Wm. West. Printed and Published by R. Wrightson, Athenaeum, New-Street; and sold by Baldwin and Craddock, and Hurst, Chance and Co., London. 1830.
Morton Bagot, Warwickshire, Holy Trinity bapt, marr and bur 1663-1652, and monumental inscriptions for Holy Trinity, Morton Bagot, St Mary, Oldberrow and St. Leonard, Spernall : searcheable indexes with links to the relevant pages, plus BMSGH publications (March 2001)
Church records – Indexes
Land and property
Civil Registration District: Alcester
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Warwick
Poor Law Union: Alcester