Leamington Hastings is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Broadwell, Kytes Hardwick, Kites Hardwick, Hill, and Broadwell Hill.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LEAMINGTON-HASTINGS, a parish in Rugby district, Warwick; on the river Leam, 1½ mile SE of Birdingbury r. station, and 4 NNE of Southam. It contains the hamlets of Hill, Broadwell, and Kites-Hardwick; and its post town is Stockton, under Rugby. Acres, 3,244. Real property, £5,354. Pop., 450. Houses, 105. The manor belonged anciently to the family of Hastang, whence, by corruption, came the postfix name Hastings; and belongs now to the Rev. H. W. Sitwell. L. H. Hall belongs to the Rev. U. W. Sibwell. and is occupied by the Rev. W. Sawyer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £695. Patron, the Rev. H. W. Sitwell. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and is good. There are an endowed school with £55 a year, alms houses with £168, and other charities £70.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Rugby
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Marton
- Poor Law Union: Rugby
- Hundred: Knightlow
- Province: Canterbury