Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Bishopston
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1590
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BISHOPTON, a hamlet and a chapelry in Old Stratford parish, Warwick. The hamlet lies adjacent to the Stratford and Avon canal, 2 miles NW of Stratford-on-Avon. Pop., 51. The chapelry is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester; in the patronage of the Vicar of Stratford; the statistics not reported.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Stratford upon Avon
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon