Balls Pond an Ecclesiastical Parish created in 1830 in the county of Middlesex.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Islington St Paul, Ball’s Pond, Islington St Paul Balls Pond
Parish church: St. Paul
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1830
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1830
Parishes adjacent to Balls Pond
- Islington St Stephen
- Islington St Matthew
- Highbury Christ Church
- Stoke Newington St Mary
- West Hackney
- DeBeauvoir Town
- Stoke Newington St Matthias
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BALL’S POND, a suburban tract in Islington parish, London; on the North London railway, near the New river, 2½ miles N of St. Paul’s. The cattle market of 15 acres, projected by Perkins, is here. B. Pond is a chapelry, constituted in 1830; a vicarage in the diocese of London; of the value of £420, in the patronage of Trustees. The church is in the pointed style, and was designed by Barry. A chapel in Gloucester-road is under the vicar; and two churches in Essex-road and Mildmay park are served by other vicars, each with income of £400, and both appointed by the vicar of B. Pond.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Islington
Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (London Division)
Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
Poor Law Union: Islington
Hundred: Ossulstone (Finsbury Division)