Bolventor parish an Ecclesiastical Parish created in 1849 from Altarnon, Antony, Cardynham and St Neot Ecclesiastical Parishes.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Bolventor Holy Trinity
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1849
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Parishes adjacent to Bolventor
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BOLVENTOR, a chapelry in Alternon and St. Neot parishes, Cornwall; 7 miles N of Liskeard r. station, and 9 SW of Launceston. Post Town, Alternon, under Launceston. Pop., 344. Houses, 67. It was constituted in 1849. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £75. Patron, Francis Rodd, Esq. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Launceston; Liskeard
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
Rural Deanery: Trigg Major
Poor Law Union: Launceston
Hundred: Lesnewth; West (Cornwall)