Ayston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutland.
Parish church: St Mary the Virgin
Parish registers begin: 1656
Parishes adjacent to Ayston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Ayston, a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland: 1 mile NNW of Uppingham, and 3 miles SSW of Manton r. station. Post Town, Uppingham. Acres, 897. Real property, £1,745. Pop., 97. Houses, 21. Ayston House is the seat of G. Fludyer, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £183. Patron, G. Fludyer, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Ayston, a parish in the hund. of Martinsley, union of Uppingham, county of Rutland, 1 mile north of Uppingham. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Northampton and dio. of Peterborough; rated at £8 7s. 8½d., and in the parliamentary returns at £120 8s. 1d.; gross income £192. Patron, in 1835, G. Hudyer. Pop., in 1801, 92; in 1831, 101. Houses 23. Acres 1,030. A.P. £1,161. Poor rates, in 1837. £74.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Family History Links
- County: Rutland
- Civil Registration District: Uppingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rutland
- Poor Law Union: Uppingham
- Hundred: Martinsley
- Province: Canterbury