Little Barrington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Bartholomew
Parish registers begin: 1632
Parishes adjacent to Little Barrington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARRINGTON (Little), a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; 2¾ miles WNW of Burford, and 7 SW of Shipton r. station. Post Town, Barrington, under Faringdon. Acres, 925. Real property, £1,600. Pop., 151. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £100. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is very good; and there are charities £66.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The British Gazetteer 1852
Barrington (Little), Gloucester, a parish in the lower division of the hund. of Slaughter: 88 miles from London, 3 from Burford. By rail, as above, 115 miles. There are some small bequests to the poor, and for repairing the church. The living, a dischd. vicarage in the archd. of Gloucester, and diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, is valued at £4. 19s. 3d.: pres. net income, £100: patron, the Lord Chancellor: pres. incumbent, Richard Hodges, 1841: contains 1,179 acres: 34 houses: pop. in 1841, 170: probable pop. in 1849, 156: assd. prop. £1,274: poor rates in 1837, £164.
Source: The British Gazetteer, Political, Commercial, Ecclesiastical, and Historical: Showing the Distances of Each Place from London and Derby–gentlemen’s Seats–populations … &c. Illustrated by a Full Set of County Maps, with All the Railways Accurately Laid Down. Benjamin Clarke 1852; Published (for the proprietors) by H. G. Collins.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Barrington (Little), a parish in the lower division of the hund. of Slaughter, county of Gloucester; 3 miles north-west of Burford. Living, a discharged vicarage in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; valued at £4 19s. 3d., and in the parliamentary returns at £130; gross income £100; in the patronage of the Crown. Besides an infant school, there are a daily and a Sunday school. There are some small bequests to the poor, and for repairing the church. Pop., in 1801, 140; in 1831, 162. Houses 34. Acres 1,780. A. P. £1,274. Poor rates, in 1837, £127.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Slaughter
- Province: Canterbury