Cardeston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Alternative names: Cardiston
Other places in the parish include: Wattlesborough.
Parish registers begin: 1706
Parishes adjacent to Cardeston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CARDESTON, or Cardiston, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; near the river Severn, 5 miles S by W of Baschurch r. station, and 6½ W of Shrewsbury. It includes part of Wattlesborough township; and its Post Town is Alberbury, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 2,400. Real property, £3,478. Pop., 294. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £274. Patron, Sir B. Leighton, Bart. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Cardeston Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Cardeston. A parish in the Ford division of the hundred of Ford, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Pontesbury, and archdeaconry of Salop. 65 houses, 297 inhabitants. 6 miles west of Shrewsbury.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Cardeston Parish Registers 1663-1812
Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Hereford Vol. V (1909)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore; 1907- W.G.D. Fletcher
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
Cardeston Parish Registers 1663-1812 – Archive.org
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Pontesbury
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: Ford
- Province: Canterbury