Whiteshill is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1844 from chapelry in Stroud Ecclesiastical Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Bread Street, Ruscombe, and Paganhill.
Parish church: St Paul
Parish registers begin: 1845
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Whiteshill
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF ENGLAND & WALES 1870
WHITESHILL, a chapelry in Stroud parish, Gloucester; 1 mile from Stroud r. station. It was constituted in 1843; and it contains Paganhill, Bread-Street, and Ruscombe hamlets, the first of which has a post-office under Stroud. Pop., 1,516. Houses, 342. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £116. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church was built in 1841. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Paganhill Gloucestershire Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Paganhill, a hamlet in Whiteshill chapelry, Stroud parish, Gloucester; 1 mile from Stroud r. station. It has a post-office under Stroud.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stroud
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Stroud
- Hundred: Bisley
- Province: Canterbury