Birley is an Ancient Parish in the civil parish of Birley with Upper Hill
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
Parishes adjacent to Birley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales
BIRLEY, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on an affluent of the river Lugg, adjacent to Watling-street, 3¾ miles NW of Dinmore r. station, and 4 ENE of Weobley. Post Town, Weobley. Acres, 1,004. Real property, £1,482. Pop., 190. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of King’s-Pion, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Birley, 6 miles S.W. Leominster. P. 172
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Weobley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weston
- Poor Law Union: Weobley
- Hundred: Stretford
- Province: Canterbury