Luckington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish church: SS Mary and Ethelbert
Parish registers begin: 1572
Parishes adjacent to Luckington
- Sherston Magna with Sherston Parva
- Acton Turville
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Luckington, a village and a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts. The village stands near the boundary with Gloucestershire, 7 miles WSW of Malmsbury, and 10 NW of Chippenham r. station; and has a post office, under Chippenham. The parish comprises 1,625 acres. Real property, £3,101; of which £10 are in quarries. Pop., 316. Houses, 78. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged to King Harold, and passed to the Seymours. There are barrows and a cromlech. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £382. Patron, the Rev. J. F. Goggin. The church is ancient, with a tower; and was, still recently, in bad condition. Charities, £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Malmesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Malmesbury
- Hundred: Chippenham
- Province: Canterbury