Doddington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1848 from Cleobury Mortimer Ancient Parish and Coreley Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Clee Hill St John, Ditton
Parish registers begin:
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Doddington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DODDINGTON, a liberty in Cleobury-Mortimer parish, Salop.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Doddington. A township in the parish of Cleobury Mortimer, and in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesden.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Cleobury Mortimer
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Cleobury Mortimer
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury