North and Middle Littleton, Worcestershire Family History Guide

North and Middle Littleton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Middle Littleton.
Parish church:
Parish registers begin: 1661
Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to North and Middle Littleton

Historical Descriptions

North Littleton

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

LITTLETON (NORTH), a village and a parish in Evesham district, Worcester. The village stands near the river Avon, on the E verge of the county, 4 miles NE by N of Evesham r. station. The parish contains also the village of Middle Littleton; and it has a post office, of the name of Littleton, under Evesham. Acres, 1,610. Real property, £2,753; of which £20 are in quarries. Pop., 303. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of South Littleton, in the diocese of Worcester. The church stands at Middle-Littleton; ranges from Norman to later English; and was recently in bad condition. The shaft of an ancient cross is in the churchyard; and a large ancient building, once a tithe-barn of Evesham abbey, is near the church. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Littleton (North) – a hamlet to Middle Littleton, and adjoining thereto
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

Middle Littleton

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

LITTLETON (MIDDLE), a village in North Middleton parish, Worcester; 3½ miles NE by f Evesham r. station.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Littleton (Middle) – a parish united with South Littleton, three-quarters of a mile distant; containing with North Littleton 35 inhabited houses. Population, 1801, 196 – 1811, 191 – 1821, 204.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

North and Middle Littleton Marriages

Marriages at North and Middle Littleton 1662 to 1812

Worcestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., and W. F. Carter, B.A.
Vol II. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900.
Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Carter, W. F. (William Fowler), b. 1856 joint ed.
Marriages at North and Middle Littleton 1662 to 1812 Archive.org

Parish Records

Birth, Marriage, & Death Records – FamilySearch

Census Records – FamilySearch

Military Records – FamilySearch

United Kingdom, World War I Service Records, 1914-1920 10 results

Directories

Online Directories

Bentley’s Directory of North and Middle Littleton 1840 – Archive.org

Directory Transcriptions

North Littleton (with the Township of Middle Littleton) Billings Directory 1855
Littleton (North, Middle and South) Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Administration

  • County: Worcestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Evesham
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Worcester
  • Rural Deanery: Evesham
  • Poor Law Union: Evesham
  • Hundred: Blackenhurst
  • Province: Canterbury