Astwick is an Ancient Parish in the county of Bedfordshire.
Parish church: St Guthlac
Parish registers begin: 1564
- Parishes adjacent to Astwick
- Historical Descriptions
- The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
- Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
- The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
- Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
- Astwick Schools 1818
- Parish Records
- Birth Marriage and Death Records
- Grave Indexes
- Migration and Naturalisation Records
- Newspaper Archives
- Census Records
- Probate and Court Records
- Military Records
Parishes adjacent to Astwick
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTWICK, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; on the river Ivel, 2½ miles ENE of Arlesey r. station, and 4 N by W of Baldock. Post Town, Arlesey under Baldock. Acres, 570. Real property, £1,117. Pop., 64. Houses, 14. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory annexed to the vicarage of Arlesey, in the diocese of Ely. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Astwick, 4 m. S. E. Biggleswade. P. 84
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
Astwick, a parish in the hund. and union of Biggleswade, county of Bedford; 5 miles south-south-east from Biggleswade. Living, a rectory formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; rated at £6 13s. 4d., and in connection with the vicarage of Arlsey. Great and small tithes, the property of the clerical rector, commuted in 1804. Pop., in 1801, 81 ; in 1831, 97. Houses 14. Acres 570. A. P. £711. Poor rates, in 1837, £46
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Astwick, co. Bedford.
P. T. Biggleswade (45) 5 m. SSE. Pop. 99.
A parish in the hundred of Biggleswade; living, a rectory, with Arlesey, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln; charged in K. B. 6l. 13s. 4d.; church ded. to St. Guthlake; patronage with Arlesey vicarage.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Astwick Schools 1818
1818 Digest of Returns to Circular Letter from the Select Committee on Education of the Poor, &c.
Schools – None.
Sunday Schools – None.
Observations – The poorer classes are desirous of having the means of education.
Notes – Return signed by J. Atkinson, rector.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Bedfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Biggleswade
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Shefford
- Poor Law Union: Biggleswade
- Hundred: Biggleswade
- Province: Canterbury